Now that spring is here it’s an excellent time to make some improvements to your exterior. Dust off the cobwebs and welcome the new season in style! One of the simplest ways to rejuvenate your exteriors is by improving your entryway. It’s the first thing people see when looking at your home so it’s important to make a good impression.
The following tips will help you create the ideal springtime entryway.
1. Revive your door: A fresh coat of paint will give your front door a new lease on life. If you’re in the mood to try something different, opt for a bright shade for the summer months, and beyond. We think your front door is the perfect place to get playful with colour, so there’s no reason to shy away from bright shades. We’re especially loving vibrant greens this year.
2. Add colour with florals: Nothing says springtime like some fabulous flowers, and your front door is a great place to have them on display. Hang colourful flower baskets, showcase your favourite varieties in a decorative planter, or add a blooming bush or tree to the space for maximum impact. Hanging a wreath on your front door is another excellent option for incorporating seasonal blossoms and greens into your design. There are plenty of options for wreaths, whether real or artificial, and if you’re looking for a fun weekend activity, you can always create your own! Flowers will add charm to your entryway and give your whole house that sweet spring feeling.
Image via modern-glam.com
3. Place an outdoor rug and/or welcome mat under your door: Using an outdoor rug is another great way to bring colour and pattern into your exterior space, and there are unlimited options when it comes to choosing the right textiles. Depending on the amount of room you have, a smaller welcome mat may work best. Or, you can spice things up and use both! We love a striped rug paired with a jute welcome mat for a classic, coastal-bohemian look.
4. Get creative with your lighting: It’s amazing how a stylish outdoor light can uplift your entryway, or how some spotlights can give your home a magical glow. Take a look at your home and determine which areas might benefit from a little bit of lighting and find solutions to suit your style. If you have a pathway, why not have mini lights leading the way, or festoon lights draped overhead? Solar powered lights are excellent, environmentally-friendly and cost-effective options and should certainly be considered.
5. Bring in accessories: There are plenty of outdoor-ready accessories that can complement your entryway style and pull the whole look together. We especially like large floor lanterns, and these come in a variety of colours or can be easily painted with our wood and metal trim paints to complement the shade of your front door. Depending on how large your front exterior space is, you may also be able to place a small chair next to your door that will add character and also serve as a nice perch to enjoy a cuppa and watch the world go by. Garden statues are another accessory to consider.