It’s that time of the year again! The weather is growing warmer and our homes, just like each of us, are starting to come out of hibernation. It’s likely that the winter weather has had some sort of impact on your exteriors— especially considering some of the storms we’ve had! With the nicer weather arriving (hopefully) soon, it’s the ideal time to do a thorough spring cleaning around the home. Where to begin? The following article covers the do’s and donts of spring cleaning!
1. DO check for cracks and damage around the home: After a long winter, it’s good or take stock of the damage that may have been caused over the past few months. Look for cracks or holes to your walls and roof, and any other disturbances to your exteriors. Cracks and small holes can be easily filled with our Ready Mixed Masonry Filler.
2. DON’T shove everything into the shed: It’s easy to turn your shed into the “junk drawer” of your garden. It’s a good place to store things neatly and out of sight. However, take this opportunity to clean out your shed and organise it so that it can function properly and helpfully for you in the months to come. Donate anything you no longer use and bin any trash that may have accumulated.
3. DO give your PVC-u surfaces new life: PVC is durable but tends to get quite dirty, quite fast. Dirty PVC trimmings are a quick way to make your exteriors look unkempt, so giving them a well-deserved clean will help rejuvenate the entire look of your home. Our PVC-u cleaner and PVC-u restorer are just what you need to get your trimmings sparkling!
4. DON’T think that rain water will properly clean your exteriors: We get a lot of rain here in Ireland. While the seemingly endless stream of water may help keep some areas of your exteriors a bit cleaner, wetness also leads to mud and can create a great breeding ground for mould and mildew. Because of this, we recommend using a specially formulated cleaner, like our Fungicidal Wash, which kills mould, algae, and fungal growth off of paths and patios.
5. DO give some love to your entryway: the front entrance of your home is the first thing people will see when they arrive. You want to make sure you make a good impression! It may be time to put a new coat of paint on your door— a process that is quick, easy, and inexpensive! You can easily spruce up the look of your entryway with accessories and plants!
Who’s ready to get their home in top shape for the season ahead? The above tips will help start you on the right foot! For more expert advice, call into your local Sandtex stockist or visit us on the web.