The beginning of the new year presents the perfect opportunity to upgrade your exteriors. Start 2019 off on the right foot by setting a weekend aside to give your home some well-deserved TLC. The following are some quick and simple ideas that are perfect for this time of year, and that you can complete within the weekend.
1. Paint your door a trendy colour and change the knocker: Knock knock! Who’s there? A beautiful new door to welcome visitors! Well, perhaps it’s not the best knock-knock joke we’ve ever heard, but it’s certainly a good idea to give your doorway some attention. Not only is it super-fast and inexpensive to repaint your door and install a new knocker, but it will instantly add appeal to your front entranceway. Green is the colour on everyone’s minds for 2019, and we love the shades Racing Green and Bay Tree.
2. Add stylish lighting: It’s amazing how much better your home can look with the right lights. We all know the wonders of mood lighting, and your exteriors are no exception. Look for lighting solutions that are practical as well as stylish. Your exteriors will be beautifully illuminated and on-trend. We especially love lantern lights for outdoor use.
3. Add a welcome mat outside your door: Again, a quick, inexpensive, and incredibly easy way to make your home look more inviting. Plus, visitors can wipe their shoes on the mat before entering your house, helping to keep your floors and carpets that much cleaner.
4. Wash your windows, inside and out: Dirty windows will look bad regardless of whether you’re inside or outside. Set some time aside to properly wash your windows and the surrounding trim, and let them shine in all their glory! For second-floor windows, be sure to take the proper safety precautions or hire a professional to do the job for you.
5. Declutter your shed: When springtime rolls around, chances are that your shed will be getting a lot more use than it is now. In the downtime, it’s a good idea to declutter and organise your shed so that it will be in tip-top shape once the warmer weather arrives.
6. Install a gate to your garden or pathways: Adding a gate to cordon off gardens and walkways will add atmosphere to your exteriors and a dash of romantic charm. There are loads of options when it comes to choosing which gate is right for you, so you can have some fun with design.
Kick off the new year with a new and improved exterior! The above tips will ensure that your home puts its best foot forward in 2019. For more expert tips and exterior design advice, call into your local Sandtex stockist or visit us on the web.