‘Tis the season for holiday décor, and the crew at Sandtex believe your exteriors are no exception! What’s a great way to add a bit of Christmas cheer to your home? Why not start with Red and Green- a classic colour combination symbolic of one of the most magical times of the year. The following blog post will tell you some of our expert recommendations for incorporating red and green colours into your exteriors.
1. Go for a red or green front door: Red and green don’t just look great for Christmas—they’re fabulous all year long! Why not treat your front door to some TLC and give it a fresh coat of our Rapid Dry Plus Gloss or Satin paints in a red or green shade. Our classic colour Cranberry Swirl is an eye-catching shade, and Bay Tree is a gorgeous soft green that complements a wide range of colours.
2. Put a garland around your front door or railing: Never underestimate the power of a fabulous entryway! During the festive season, you can never go wrong with a green garland. We love it strung around your railings or beautifully framing your front door. Make it really pop (and give it that extra special Christmas look) with some string lights and winter berries.
3. Place potted plants near your entryways: Potted evergreen plants make excellent exterior accessories and can be made even more festive when placed in red pots. For a simple DIY activity, you can paint your own pots and/or decorate your plants! We love the look of red and white or red and green stripes, red with white dots, or chevrons. These will give you the chance to express your creativity and your unique sense of style.
4. Hang a festive wreath: It’s no surprise that most of our Christmas exterior suggestions revolve around greenery— we love the look it creates, any time of the year! Wreaths are especially lovely around the holidays, and will help to create a welcoming entranceway for your holiday visitors (or—if you’re lucky—those holiday carollers). Wreaths also look great when hung outside of your windows for a traditional feel.
5. Install red or green lights: If you’re the type that likes to go all-out with your Christmas decorating, this tip is for you! Red and green lightbulbs installed in your exterior lights will illuminate your home in a red and green glow that’ll be ideal for welcoming Santa (assuming he’s decided to come to your house!).
If you’re ready to take your Christmas decorations to a level red (and green!) this year, the above recommendations will get you started on the right foot. For more expert advice, call into your local Sandtex stockist or visit us on the web. We hope your holiday season is off to a spectacular start!