Tis’ the season to be merry and bright, and—as far as we’re concerned—that applies to our homes, too! While much of the Christmas decorating will likely be focused on your interiors, we certainly believe your exteriors need a dose of festive cheer as well. With so many lovely winter colours to choose from, it’s simple to find the perfect fit for your home.
The following are some exterior colour combinations that we think work particularly well this time of year.
1. Red and green: It doesn’t get any more Christmas Classic than this! Opt for a rich red alongside a deep green for a burst of festive cheer you can enjoy throughout the whole year. There’s a reason the sight of red and green together makes us feel joyful—and it’s not just because we’re thinking of presents under the tree! These two colours are one of the best couplings we could have ever dreamed of. Try our Ultra Smooth Masonry paint in Olive with our 10 Year Gloss in Pillar Box Red.
2. Brown and dark green: While this may not seem like the most festive of colour pairings, these classic colours mirror those found within sprigs of holly and Christmas trees. The earthy brown colour creates an ideal base for yet another mother-nature-inspired tone—deep green. Try our Masonry Paint in Mill House with our 10 Year Gloss in Racing Green.
3. Green and gold: For something a little more lux, go for a crisp green and a glimmering gold. This combination looks wonderful regardless of the season, and is just as stylish as it is attainable. A fresh green base with shimmering gold accents will surely give your home some sparkle throughout December and beyond!
4. White and gold: For a beautiful exterior look that works wonderfully whether it’s December or July, opt for a crisp white alongside a bright and shiny gold. This combination will add elegance to your home and work well with any other colours you may choose to incorporate. We especially like this combination with plenty of greenery surrounding it!
5. Red and white: Anyone for candy canes? This fun and playful colour combination can be as elegant as it is flirty. Try a red foundation with bright white trim. Or, if you’re feeling a bit hesitant, start slow with a red door or shutters, like the photo above. We promise you’ll fall in love with this pretty peppermint pairing!
It’s essential to give your exteriors as much care and attention as your interiors. With all the parties and gatherings you’ll be enjoying this holiday season, you’ll certainly want your home to be in tip-top shape! The above colour combinations are great places to start, and for even more decorating advice, call into your local Sandtex stockist or visit us on the web.
The Sandtex team wishes you and yours a very happy Christmas and a fabulous start to the new year!